Monday, April 20th, 2015 | Filed under: Party Planning, Wedding Budget, Wedding Entertainment | author: By admin,
Sunday, April 12th, 2015 | Filed under: Wedding etiquette, wedding menu, wedding receptions | author: By Paul Keenan,
Fabulous wedding entertainers in New Jersey bring the house down with music choices that keep the dance floor packed for those romantic, swaying slow songs and high-energy dancing hours, spotlight dances and surprise musical performances that make a wedding unforgettable and may even go viral when guests post that amazing song rendition or your choreographed dance to social media.
High-quality wedding entertainment is worth the investment, so while there are ways to plan wedding entertainment on a budget, it’s never advisable to book the cheapest wedding entertainers you find online, nor to ask a friend to be your deejay (unless he’s one of the best deejays in the tri-state area as a profession.) Cutting corners on your wedding entertainment is one of those mistakes we don’t want you to make, since cheap wedding entertainment almost always results in wedding nightmares, wedding regrets, and an empty dance floor.
Here are some of the top ways to plan wedding entertainment on a budget:
- Compare both wedding deejays and wedding bands in NJ. It’s a wedding myth that deejays are always less expensive than wedding bands. Prices will always depend upon wedding entertainers’ experience, quality of equipment, reputation, and of course their quality.
- Consider booking both a deejay and a band. When the deejay and band play half the time, it can add up to good budget savings compared to full-time performances from either.
- Consider booking through a larger entertainment company. Some of the best entertainment companies in New Jersey are able to offer high-quality entertainers at discount prices, and may be able to help you choose the perfect wedding entertainers fitting your budget range.
- Book your wedding during off-peak times. This is a general wedding budget rule, since prices may be lower with all of your wedding vendors. Off-peak wedding months of October through March, and weddings on a Sunday or Saturday afternoon, as opposed to Saturday night, may cost 20 to 40 percent less, depending on the details of your plans.
- Avoid booking for too few hours. If you attempt to save money on wedding entertainment by booking them for under four hours, then want them to keep playing longer at your wedding, you’ll face hefty overtime charges.
- Ask your wedding venue for entertainer recommendations. The best wedding venues in NJ have worked with the best wedding entertainers in NJ, so they know which companies offer the best quality performances at budget prices.
- Ask if you get a discount for paying your bill in advance. Some wedding entertainers will offer a 5 percent, 10 percent or more discount when you pay up front.
- Ask if you qualify for special discounts. Many wedding entertainers in NJ offer discount prices to military couples and other special clients.
- Check entertainers’ social media sites for discounts. Some will offer their fans and followers 10 to 15 percent off special packages, and those sites may be where they announce their special seasonal sales and pop-up discounts.
- Check music schools and NJ universities’ music departments for talented artists. You may be able to book your wedding ceremony musician for a third of the cost of a professional musician, and the student gains valuable experience, a resume credit, and an online review from you.
- Ask which extra effects and details are included in an entertainer’s package. Some of the top NJ wedding deejays and bands include specialty lighting as part of their packages, with basic lighting being free and customized lighting and effects at extra charge. If your entertainer offers quality lighting effects, you may not need to hire a specialty lighting effects company.
Sunday, April 5th, 2015 | Filed under: Party Planning, Style Alert, Wedding Invitations | author: By Rolf Shick,
It’s now a wedding planning Must to create a wedding catering menu offering dishes that can be enjoyed by guests who have particular dietary rules, such as eating gluten-free, vegan and Kosher. Many wedding couples now include Paleo cuisine in their wedding menus to accommodate their friends and family who adhere to that trendy diet. Read more…
Monday, March 30th, 2015 | Filed under: Cost Saving Ideas, Party Planning, wedding floral designers, wedding flowers | author: By Christopher Gellings, Banquet Manager, Highlawn Pavilion
When guests receive your wedding invitations in the mail, they get their first glimpse of the elegance and style of your wedding to come, as well as an indication of the formality of your event. So much information is conveyed through the design and wording of your invitation, but what is most strongly received by your guests is excitement to join you at your wedding ceremony and reception, especially when they learn that you’ll be married at one of the best wedding venues in New Jersey, a grand wedding ballroom or lovely wedding garden setting that they have heard so much about or seen in top wedding blogs. Now, thanks to you, it’s their turn to experience an elegant wedding at one of the premiere wedding locations in the state. Read more…
Monday, March 23rd, 2015 | Filed under: Cost Savings Ideas, Wedding Cocktail Party, Wedding Drinks | author: By James Levinsky,
Beautiful wedding flowers are likely part of your dream wedding vision, with tall, glorious floral centerpieces on every guest table in your wedding ballroom, your wedding bouquet bursting with color and texture, and lovely seasonal flowers decorating your wedding ceremony and reception locations. Read more…
Monday, March 16th, 2015 | Filed under: Cutting the Cake, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Dinner | author: By Mary McGill, Banquet Manager, Ram’s Head Inn
Thankfully, we’re long past the days of questionable if not completely unrealistic wedding budget tips for drinks. In years past, wedding couples were told to offer just two or three types of cocktails, close their bar an hour before the end of the reception, and even offer ‘drink tickets’ that wedding guests would hand to the bartender to get each of their two allotted drinks. Read more…
Monday, March 9th, 2015 | Filed under: wedding planning, wedding receptions, Wedding Venues | author: By Andrew Kronengold,
Many wedding couples wonder why wedding cakes are so expensive when their ingredients are mostly flour, water, sugar and eggs. It’s the design and detail of the wedding cake, the time and labor it takes for a professional wedding cake designer to create it, that causes wedding budgets to soar in that category. In many cases, your wedding cake will be included in the package you book with your chosen top wedding venue in New Jersey, but in cases where you want to procure your wedding cake from an independent wedding cake designer, keep these wedding cake budget tips in mind: Read more…
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 | Filed under: wedding ideas, wedding planning, wedding themes, Wedding Venues | author: By Rschick, Private Dining Manager, The Manor
When you meet with your wedding venue’s chef to create your sumptuous wedding menu, you get the advantage of the chef’s many years of culinary expertise, plus your wedding chef’s best advice on how to please all of your wedding guests with a cocktail party menu and reception dinner menu featuring the best foods of the season, and the top trends in wedding catering. Read more…
Tuesday, February 24th, 2015 | Filed under: wedding receptions, Wedding Trends, Wedding Venues | author: By Preston Postlethwaite, Banquet Manager, The Manor
One of the main focal points of any wedding ballroom is the beautifully-lit wedding cake, designed to your vision and promising guests a delicious experience during the wedding dessert hour. Your wedding guests will marvel at your wedding cake’s design and you too will be in awe of what your cake designer has created, your cake wishes come to life in full and resplendent glory – just waiting for that big moment when the two of you cut the first piece of wedding cake and feed it to one another in one of the most symbolic wedding rituals of all time. Read more…
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 | Filed under: Wedding Favors, wedding ideas, wedding themes | author: By Mary McGill, Banquet Manager, Ram’s Head Inn
Northern New Jersey wedding venues are quite fortunate to take place in our region that more often has pretty winter days, rather than oppressive winter storms. When the snow falls, our New Jersey scenery gets a blanket of pristine white snow, pretty icicles in the trees, a clear blue sky, and temperatures that still allow for wedding photos to be taken outside on a sunny afternoon. With such pretty winter scenery surrounding our wedding venues, it’s no wonder that winter weddings are a popular NJ wedding trend now. Read more…
The more your wedding guests know ahead of time about your NJ wedding venue, the better they’ll be able to enjoy your big day. You already know to include your wedding venue’s URL on your personal wedding website, so that guests can easily get to your wedding site, and on that same page, it’s wise to provide some additional information about your venue, as well as about what your wedding will be like at that location. Read more…